Counting Potatoes

Quirky Observations, Opinions and Theories on Life

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit






Here's to a weird New Year’s resolution. he he, promised myself that I would post at least one new blog for every week this year. Hmmm...
that's 4 per month and 48 blogs for the whole year. Not much... but at least its a start and what better way to start with a thousand blog target than to crank up the creative juices to create the first one?


Moreover, aside from hopefully exercising my long dormant creative side in order to be better suited for my work (have to file those useless formulas, equations and cold facts somewhere first), I would certainly like to have a repository of those weird thoughts, insane ideas and countless two cents I have every once in a while. It would certainly be nice to have scrapbook like collection of thoughts I can look back to 10, 20, or 30 years from now.


I wonder though, would something exquisitely profound now sound disgustingly corny 10 years in the future? See, 10 Years ago, I was a wide eyed-martyr-naïve high school student going through the painful stage of puberty, desperately trying to balance the idealistic innocence of youth with my seemingly uncontrollable raging hormones. On one hand I was then professing my undying love to the duet of chocolates and flowers (the corniness can make you bite your pillow at night sometimes) while going out to the midnight carnal forays that began with a certain movie in Advent Theatre (Tonight! He he, to the three guys that started the whole deal, the story is documented in the jokes section of FHM – forgot which issue it was though). Thank God there were no blogs then!


Going back, I also hope to document in this blog certain ideas that hopefully, some of the readers would find not only interesting but applicable to their present lives as well. Ideas like
the truth behind credit cards, mortgages, hmmmm love life? (but don’t bet the farm on it working though, he he), some seemingly insane observations like why the toilet bowl suddenly bubbles in the most inopportune moments, investment ideas I picked up in my writing research, etc, etc…


So much for the first day of 2008! Ehe he, made my first blog, visited my uncle in the hospital [1 am early morning. Note: Mother Seton likes patients to pay prepaid or in cash, so no cash – no treatment.. I wonder where the teachings of the Church fit in in all of this?] Drank approximately one Grande of Red Horse, checked the team status – dispatched the last batch of files, corresponded with the clients [trying to worm my way into an increase of rates to compensate for the fall of the dollar], and finally after this, I will be off to watch some pirated DVDs that have piled up in the living room.
As the Brits say, A Bloody Productive Day if I May Say So Mate! Till Next Time!

Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit

0 comments: