Counting Potatoes

Quirky Observations, Opinions and Theories on Life

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit









10 am... Still in Bed.. Its a butt freezing / gonads shrinking kind of day in the middle of summer. Waiting for work and pondering on some of the unsolved mysteries of life while at it. Some of which are as follows:



1. Brittle Plastic Utensils

Don't you just hate plastic utensils that break very easily when eating? I mean, what's the use of making plastic eating utensils that are softer than the meat we usually eat?

2. Headset with one chord longer than the other

I hate using my phone headset. Somehow, I just cant figure out how to properly use them what with the other chord much longer than the other. Used to be, headset chords were equal in length and simple to use. Now, I have to decide which of my ears are farther from my neck.

3. Booksale with disorganized and hard to reach books

And what's up with booksale? Why sell books, all the while making it harder for bookworms to find the books they want in the cluttered, disorganized shelves? You find Sci-Fi books scaterred all over the place, historical books among romance pocketbooks and murder and mystery books among everything else!

Somethings you even have to crouch near the floor and dig through the books stacked near the bottom of the shelf. Or move the blocks of book from one place to another like a damn rubik's cube just so you could see what's behind or below.

I hope they realize how much potential sales they are losing all because of their sub-optimized, poorly designed bookshelves.

4. Pubic hairs in the public urinals

One of the things that perplexes me most in comfort rooms for males... Why.. Are there bits of pubic hairs in the urinal? How did it get there? At first, I thought it was a natural consequence of opening and closing zippers when peeing, but seeing as I've never experienced hairs being ripped from there when I zip up or down, I quickly disregarded this idea. Then I thought, maybe these were pubic hairs that have been pulled loose while walking around the mall and have escaped the mothership when we pull down our briefs to pee. No such luck.. It never happened to me.

Which sets me thinking of a weird but probable hypothesis [someone once said that in the absence of any other plausible explanation, the last remaining theory, no matter how far fetched or weird it is, should be the truth]. Maybe there are guys that have this weird habit of pulling pubic hairs from their wieners right after they pee. Kinda like a tip to the faithful urinal or perhaps a marker that says to the next person - I was here. So in effect, they zip down, pee, wag their motherships to check for any stowaways, and think - almost forgot, got to leave some pubic hair for the next guy. Thus, the thick, short and curly hairs on the urinal. o_O

5. Brief Flaps

Which reminds me of another thing I've been wondering about since gradeschool.. Why are there flaps in men's briefs?? In fact, as I am writing this, I took out one of my briefs again just to be sure. It's composed of two thick pieces of cloth overlapping each other over the main area. There's this space upfront where you can squeeze in your fingers and reach the other side. What is this for?o_O

An alternate route perhaps? But i've never heard of someone who prefers bringing out the goods this way.

Extra adjustment space? Maybe the one-eyed snake is supposed to go this way during periods of agitation and periodic lengthening? Kinda like a doorway to the outside world.

Or maybe, this design is for those who use both sides of their briefs before washing them [had this type of boardmate back in college]?o_O so its one flap for Monday and another one for Tuesday - a go green option for briefs, he he

So there you go... If you can shed some light on the above mentioned life questions, it will be very much appreciated.^_^

Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit

0 comments: