Counting Potatoes

Quirky Observations, Opinions and Theories on Life

Nov 3, 2008

Chasing Butterflies

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit


Chasing_butterflies






At least that what it feels like…


If you have ever tried chasing something so elusive, something that’s very very hard to pin down, then you probably know how I feel on most days.


We start pulling out rabbits from our magic hats each and every morning… Spend several hours in the afternoon straining our vocal chords making weird guttural and clicking sounds and if all else fails; we do our little dance by night. By then my head would feel like it’s full of cotton balls and my jaw would feel like it’s welded to my skull.


We don’t talk much about it but I’ll bet somewhere in the back of our minds, all of us are cringing at the thought of what we have all become – a bunch of adults acting like fools making weird faces, emitting weird sounds, jumping and dancing around with silly grins plastered on our faces – Like a bunch of cavemen living in a modern house.


Mind you, life wasn’t always like this. Last year, we were just like any other normal family – well.. almost.. but that’s for another story. If you told me that I would someday find myself making all these silly and childish actions – doing the locomotion and papaya dance, singing boom tarat tarat, the speed racer theme song and Christmas carols on June, or making primitive cavemen-like sounds like UGI UGI, or RUK TUK TUK , I would probably advice you to get your head checked.


But that was before chasing butterflies became our full time professions..


Now I see Bhenki making weird faces I never thought she was capable of. I see Tia Caring jumping around making guttural sounds with her eyes almost popping out of their sockets. I see our once belt-wielding, serious, no nonsense father make cooing sounds with his eyes half closed, I hear Lala reverting back to her tiny childhood voice. I hear Manay Jing making AGHING GHING GHING noises, Gord's CHIM CHIM CHIM call, I hear my mother making baby talk and I’ve come to accept that life will never be as before.


I can only hope that sanity will find all of us again someday.


As for now, we all have our nets out chasing the most elusive butterfly there is…


the sound of Little Kulasito’s laughter


Kulas
Niko_2




Whoever succeeds gets to listen to the purest sound on earth… the sound of undiluted uncomplicated happiness. ^_^


It’s a private show though.. So don’t go expecting any UGI UGI sounds and the papaya dance outside the house. You won’t like what you see anyways. He he




Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit

0 comments: