Counting Potatoes

Quirky Observations, Opinions and Theories on Life

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit






[posted Feb, 13, 2008]


Valentine’s Day will come and go – and we’ll probably do no more than talk to each other on the phone. Long distance relationships are inevitably hard - made harder by the fact that we’ll probably stick out like sore thumbs on Valentine ’s Day.


Coke
We’ll probably wish we could go out together, gobble down a king sized 4-cheese pizza from Yellow Cab perhaps? Or maybe watch a movie along with 2 large sized Cokes and a platter of nachos sprinkled liberally with cheese and extra toppings from Nacho King.



ChairOf course, We’ll probably wish we could drink coffee afterwards – café latte grande for me ( no vanilla, no caramel, no frills) and whatever coffee flavor that catches her fancy for her (she likes the element of surprise when it comes to having her coffee, I don’t). We’ll talk about nonsense things like wisdoom and the likes and probably about some serious ones too. She’ll also probably not notice it, but the structural integrity of the flimsy chair I’ll be sitting on will be constantly on my mind.


Now, it may be that Valentine’s day is not celebrated at the same time all around the world but one thing’s certain though – gifts. Chocolates for some, flowers for most, and usually a teddy bear in between. Not me! if I had the chance, I want my Bhenki’s eyes to pop out and glaze over as she opens my Valentines gift.


Gift
I will want my gift to be so great that she will sleep hugging them tight, just like when she was a kid and still believed in Santa Claus or Mr. Peso man or whatever. I will want my gift to be so surprising that she’ll emit a squeak, jump up and down and hug me for the rest of the afternoon. Mostly, I would want her to feel what I feel whenever I think about her, listen to her voice, or just simply hold her tight – MAGIC. 8 years of it stuffed in a big colored box…


Of course, I could always stuff HER in the box, he he, but I don’t think that’ll get the point across. So instead, here are my “magic in a box” ideas:


  1. Quantum Core Laptop With Complete Peripherals


Laptop_with_peripherals
She’s probably the only girl I know who has no interest in jeweleries, fashion accessories, etc. A quantum core laptop though? That’s a different thing altogether especially since she won’t have to buy the peripherals. With this, she can stay connected to the web (which she thinks is her second home) 24/7.


  1. Completed Masteral Thesis


Thesis_1It may be just a thick pile of papers, but to her, it will mean liberation from years and years of pressure, procrastination and general mental anguish. Like shackles falling off someone’s bound hands, the masteral thesis will literally give her wings to fly and the vision to look forward. Of course, perfectionist that she is, she will still have to scour it for grammatical mistakes and such. He he


  1. Time Turner

Time_turner
Always wishing that there were more hours in a day since there is just too much she wants to do. I’ll give her a time turner. This way, she can split herself into two, three or more Bhenki’s at a time doing all the different things that she wants to do while the original comes with me on an trip around the world.:)



  1. Cravings Vending Machine

Cravings
For all those food cravings that seem to come out from nowhere, I will give her the ultimate cravings machine - where she could teleport any food that she’d like to eat, at any time, right to her tabletop. Baba Shawarma, Manhan Fried Rice, Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza, Law Building Roast Beef with mashed potatoes, all will be available with the push of a button. Of course, I hope I’ll be able to use it from time to time too.:)


  1. Automatic Weight Control Technology


Weight_controlOf course, the gift mentioned above wouldn’t be complete without an automatic weight control technology in place. Otherwise, all I’ll ever see are binge sessions that seesaw between food and guilt with me caught in the middle as the devil incarnate.


  1. Pumba

Pumba_1Perhaps the only dog she has ever loved. Pumba died because she couldn’t get over the fact that she wasn’t a dog. In a sense, she was right because between Bhenki and me, she was family. I wish there’s a way I could bring our dog back. That would really make Bhenki's day.


  1. Temper Control Gun

Temper_control
He he, not for her but for me. She probably sometimes wishes that there was a way for me to just shut up and stop nagging her during a fight. Well, with a temper control gun and a license to shoot, she’ll probably need bullet refills every once in a while. I’ll most likely go.. “WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR!!!!…”.. BANG!!... “Oh, I love you so much bebeh!” he he. Hell, she might even shoot me from time to time just for the fun of it.


  1. Self Updating Pocketbook Library and a Lazy Boy Couch

Paperback_book_libraryReading pocketbooks is probably one of her greatest passions in life and consequently, one of the regular things in her to do list everyday. A pocketbook library coupled with a lazy boy chair would definitely appeal much to her bookworm/couch potato relaxation preference.


These things don’t exist in the real world (ask Ebay) and maybe it is just as well. Maybe magic isn’t really meant to fit inside a box anyways. But it does fit perfectly well inside a human heart. Hope my vivid imagination makes up for my absence.:)

Rose
Happy Valentines Bhenki!!

Share/Save/Bookmark submit to reddit

0 comments: